Sunday, June 16, 2013

Medical Writing introduction

I feel like I have learned so much already from this internship experience and it has not even officially begun yet. A few days ago I learned that my department was getting switched to Medical Statistics/ Writings from Medical Affairs. As much as I was excited to learn more about medical affairs in the clinical trial process of new drugs from Novo, I am equally excited to learn more about medical writing. From what I have gathered so far, medical writing is involved with working with the statistical analysts and the investigators ( doctors) who are conducting the trials to write up the findings to then be submitted to the FDA. There are many different people involved in this process including an area called Quality that basically ensures that the writings and clinical findings are in compliance with protocols. As I do not know much about clinical trials and this process, I know I have a lot to learn, but am hoping that I will catch on quickly and begin to understand all of the important work that goes into creating new drugs. I honestly have never given much thought to the process behind creating my Novolog insulin and all of the trials on animals and then humans that occurred before patients like me are fortunate to use it. I know that whatever area at Novo I am lucky enough to be involved with I will learn so many necessary skills that I will be able to apply to wherever the future takes my career, at the bedside, in the corporate office, anywhere! I feel so fortunate to have received this internship and I am going to work my hardest to make the most out of this experience, get to know more people at the company to understand more about the work they do, and learn more skills that can be applicable to future work!

No comments:

Post a Comment